We can assist you through separation or divorce process, if you are thinking of divorcing.
To obtain a divorce in the UK you must be married for at least a year and the marriage has broken down irretrievably.
We will be able to assist you in below mentioned family matters:
- Sorting out the matrimonial finances
- How to keep the former matrimonial home
- How a divorce works
- Child Support
- Separation agreements
- Collaborative Law
- Civil Partnership
What else do I need to know about Divorce?
There are five reasons for divorce and one out of the five reasons must be used to obtain divorce:
- The other party has committed adultery by having a sexual relationship with someone of the opposite sex and you can no longer tolerate living with them – known as adultery;
- You have both lived apart for a continuous period of at least five years just prior to starting the divorce – known as five years separation;
- The other party has behaved in a particular way and as a result you no longer can be expected to live with them – known as unreasonable behaviour;
- The other party has withdrawn from living with you on a permanent basis and this is without your consent – known as desertion;
- You have both lived apart for a continuous period of at least two years just prior to starting the divorce and you both agree to a divorce – known as two years separation and consent.